Great news for BetMGM poker players. One of the top online sportsbooks in the country is just a click away.
While BetMGM poker is only legal and running thus far in Michigan, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, BetMGM Sportsbook operates in 19 states and is constantly adding more as sports wagering legalization spreads across the country. That roster of states will almost certainly grow in early January as BetMGM plans to open up the windows in Ohio soon after the new year.
Poker players will need to click on the “Sportsbook” button on the main BetMGM page or download a separate BetMGM sportsbook app to get started. But once on the site or app, the same BetMGM ID and password will work. Even better, any funds already deposited at BetMGM Poker are available at BetMGM Sportsbook.
Sign Up and Welcome Bonuses
For anyone brand new to either site, click on the link here and enter our bonus code on BetMGM to take advantage of the generous welcome offer. BetMGM provides free bet insurance of up to $1000 on the first bet. Simply sign up, fund the account, and place a first wager of up to $1000. If the bet wins, just cash the proceeds! If the wager loses, BetMGM hands out a credit in risk free bets in the amount of the original wager up to $1000.
If the first bet is $50 or greater, the free bets get divided into five separate free bets each equal to 20% of the original bet. A $200 first bet that loses results in five $40 free bets for example. First bets under $50 just get the free bet in one shot.
Sign up is easy. Just click through to the BetMGM site and then enter some standard basic info. This includes name, email, mobile phone, physical address, date of birth and the last four digits of your SSN in order to get verified.
Once set and verified, users can deposit funds and start wagering. BetMGM sportsbook accepts deposits from a variety of sources. BetMGM accepts major credit and debit cards, online banking, bank wire transfers, and PayPal. In addition, depositors can use prepaid Play+ and GameOn cards and BetMGM gift cards or visit a PayNearMe site or deposit directly at cage of an affiliated casino. There is a minimum $10 deposit.
BetMGM Sportsbook Lines and Features
New BetMGM Sportsbook users will enjoy one of the best places to wager on sports. The “King of Sports Books” is a joint venture between MGM Resorts and European gaming powerhouse Entain, they offer a large array of bets on their website and easy to navigate app. BetMGM provides early and deep markets in all the major sports and post lines on just about everything a bettor might want to place some money on. Looking to bet on Darts or Snooker or Croatian soccer? BetMGM Sportsbook has it covered, as well as a host of other sports even further off the radar.
BetMGM Sportsbook posts competitive lines in the NFL, NBA, MLB and all the majors. They default to the industry standard -110 price on even money bets, meaning bettors typically need to risk $110 in order to win $100. Despite reflecting identical “juice”, the odds themselves do not always line up between major sportsbooks. That often proves especially true for BetMGM as they do not share odds pricing services with competitors, as is common at other books. Thus, bettors frequently find the best price on certain bets posted on the BetMGM sportsbook board, especially so in NFL games.
BetMGM generally has everything bettors look for in a top-notch sportsbook
- Mobile App: Download the app at either the App Store or on Google Play. It garners an excellent 4.8 rating on the App Store, good for third in the sportsbook space and 10th among all sports apps. The app is intuitively designed and includes everything from the desktop with the added portability. It is fast and very easy to navigate.
- Quick BetSlip: Click on a side on any game and BetMGM loads it up into a sleek bet slip. Your typical bet amount then fills the “Total Stake” box. Change it quickly or just hit the large “Place Bet” button to wager. The whole process takes just a few seconds
- Live Betting: Log on to either the mobile app or desktop and live markets pop front and center. Any major sports event shows up right there. There is also a live betting button to see the full range of current offerings.
- Early Cash Outs: Change of heart on a bet before the game starts? Head over to “My Bets” then find the wager in question. If there were no odds move, BetMGM often displays a prominent “Cash Out” button. Just click on there and then confirm and the bet is canceled, often at the original price. Keep in mind that odds do change, so the cash out may result in a profit or loss.
Promos and Perks
The perks do not stop with the welcome bonus. BetMGM Sportsbook offers plenty of boosts and bonuses along the way. Offers vary over time and location. Here are some recent ones:
- Free Money Mondays: Bet $50 or more during the week and BetMGM hands out a $10 risk free bet the following Monday
- Touchdown Boost Token: Place a bet on the local team’s next game and get 10% odds boost for every TD that team scored in the previous game
- NFL Parlay Boost Token: Play an NFL parlay of at least three legs with an odds minimum of +400 and BetMGM boosts the winnings by 20%, max bet of $50
- 10% College Basketball Parlay Boost: Like the NFL boost, but with four legs, and a max bet of $100
- Refer a Friend: Send out a Refer a Friend invitation. Once your friend signs up, gets verified and meets basic wagering requirements, you each receive a $50 Sports Bonus
- Rewards Program: Players earn rewards credits and tier credits based on quantity of play at BetMGM. Move up in tiers as credits add up and qualify for more and better perks and prizes, such as free bets, merchandise and eventually events and destinations.
BetMGM is a top tier sportsbook with deep coverage of all major and plenty of minor sporting events. The markets are deep, and the overall experience is excellent. Poker players adding the sportsbook to their portfolio should come away pleased.