The World Poker Tour Prime circuit will visit France for the second time this year with the WPT Prime Aix En Provence, which will be played from August 1-6 at Casino Pasino Grand.
The festival will feature 18 events including qualifying satellites for major tournaments. Tournament buy-ins will range from €200 up to the €2,200 High Roller.
Below is the full schedule of all events:
|KOP Opener||August 1-2||1 PM||€500||30K||30|
|Freezeout||August 1||4 PM||€200||30K|
|Satellite WPT Prime||August 1||9 PM||€180||20K|
|WPT Prime||August 2-6||1 PM||€1,100||30K|
|Freezeout||August 1||4 PM||€200||30K|
|6||Knockout Progressive||August 2||6 PM||€300||30K|
|Satellite WPT Prime||August 2||9 PM||€180||20K|
|Satellite WPT Prime||August 3||9 PM||€180||20K|
|Knockout Progressive||August 3||6 PM||€300||30K|
|10||Satellite High Roller||August 3||9 PM||€350||20K|
|Satellite High Roller||August 4||4 PM||€350||20K||15|
|Satellite High Roller||August 4||9 PM||€350||20K|
|13||Satellite High Roller||August 5||12 PM||€350||20K|
|High Roller||August 5-6||3 PM||€2,200||250K||40|
|Superstack||August 5-6||5 PM||€550||100K|
|Classic||August 5-6||9 PM||€300||30K||25|
|17||Omaha||August 6||2 PM||€300||30K|
|18||Closer||August 6||3 PM||€200||30K|
Festival Dates: Aug 1 – Aug 6
Main Event Dates: Aug 2 – Aug 6
— WPT Prime (@WPTPrime) July 19, 2023
The WPT Prime Main Event
The WPT Prime Main Event will begin on August 2 and will have three starting days, according to the schedule below:
- Day 1A: August 2 at 1 PM (Play till field is in the money)
- Day 1B: August 3 at 1 PM (Play till field is in the money)
- Day 1C: August 4 at 1 PM (Play till field is in the money)
- Day 2: August 5 at 1 PM (Play till the Final Table of nine players has been reached)
- Day 3: August 6 at 1 PM (Final Table)
The tournament structure will be as follows:
- Buy-In: €1,100
- Re-entry: One re-entry allowed per day.
- Starting stack: 30,000
- Blind Levels: 40 minutes on Day 1 and 60 minutes on Days 2 and 3.
- Ante Format: Big Blind Ante.
- Late Registration: Registration closes at the start of Level 7.
- Action Clock: Will be put in place at the start of Day 2 and will be used until the completion of the tournament.
- Players per table: Play will be 8-handed from start. The Final Table Live Stream will be 8-handed.
- Payouts: 12.5% of field
The Pasino Grand Casino is located at Avenue de l’Europe 21 in Aix En Provence. In the casino there are four roulette tables, three Blackjack tables, one Ultimate Poker table, one Omaha table and 17 tables awaiting your action in the Poker Room.
Aix En Provence is the former capital of the historical region of Provence and is located in the south of France, at an elevation of 173 meters above sea level. It is a tourist city, known for its authenticity, its rich architectural heritage and its festivals of lyrical art.
Some of the places that you can visit in the city are:
- The world’s most famous lavender region in Sault
- The village of Luberon and the Senanque Abbey
- The favorite places of Vincent van Gogh and the impressive Roman ruins in Provence
- Sailing along the Mediterranean coast to the steep Calanques and explore the national park
- The Mazarin District
- The Granet Museum
- The Cathedral St. Sauveur
WPT Prime Hits France, Part Deaux
The first visit of the WPT Prime in France during 2023 was from January 22 to February 5 with the nation’s capital of Paris playing host to the events at the Circus Club. The WPT Prime Main Event was a huge success with 1,071 entries and a $1.1 million prize pool. The champion was Fabrice Bigot, who turned the $1,100 buy-in into a $193K grand prize. The top 137 players shared the prize pool, and you can read a summary of the tournament in this article.
Which player will raise the new WPT Prime Perpetual trophy in Aix En Provence? Well, you’ve still got a few days to get there, so if you fancy taking a nice a summer vacation in France and book quickly, it might be you!